Available for: iOS/Android App + Web Reader
In This Issue
- Editorial to issue #007
- While the coronavirus pandemic has seen widespread suffering and a massive global disruption, it's the human spirit to adapt and learn through adversity, and gather wisdom along the way. This issue is dedicated to collecting and using that wisdom to help us thrive through and beyond COVID-19.
- A FRAMEWORK FOR THRIVING THROUGH AND BEYOND THE PANDEMIC
- It may sound counter-intuitive but the key to thriving is struggle. So, if you have really struggled in lockdown this is your opportunity – grab it with everything you have!
- THE ART OF MAKING MEANING – POST-PANDEMIC STYLE
- Making meaning helps us endure and recover from traumatic experiences, and could help you thrive beyond COVID-19.
- HOW TO GET MORE OUT OF YOUR LIFE BY DOING LESS
- My cancer diagnosis gave me permission to do less. This transformed my life from constant turmoil to a life with intention and clarity.
- HOW DO YOU PROSPER DURING COVID-19? YOU NEED TO SIFT OUT THE GOLD
- Seeking strength through adversity, and adapting to change, Craig finds a way to prosper – and discovers a brand new passion along the way.
- BE BRILLIANT
- We’re all at risk of becoming the robots of life versus the humans of extraordinary evolution, where potential is unleashed and brilliance shines.
- COVID-19 CALLS FOR PANDEMIC CHANGE – WHAT WILL BE YOUR ‘NEW NORMAL’?
- COVID-19 is clearly asking something of us which is greater than medicine and economics.
The world has been thrown into chaos handling crisis and challenges of the times with global lockdowns, restrictions, financial collapse and a lot of fear that many people will die. It has become clearer that we will not be returning to how things were.
Chaos often precedes the call for transformation and in this case it's on a global scale.
- ADJUSTING TO LIFE AFTER COVID-19
- Depending on the change, adjustment can take a long time or a short time. Change will come; it always does. We can be prepared or unprepared. We can adjust or stay put. It can be an easy transition or a hard one. How we adjust, though, is always up to us.
- 2020… THE YEAR I STARTED GETTING PAID WHILE LOUNGING IN THE NUDE ON MY COUCH
- How coping with the lockdown started a new business, re-ignited a creative passion, and cured anxiety.
- ACCEPTANCE AS A TOOL FOR TOUGH TIMES
- Some things are worth fighting for in life, but many issues and events aren’t worth fighting over at all. Simply paying attention and seeking understanding will help us discover which is which and hence know which to accept.
- IS THIS THE GREATEST OPPORTUNITY IN LIVING MEMORY?
- While so many could not bring themselves to do more than sign the occasional online petition for any number of causes that seemed not to threaten our lives or comforts immediately, April brought suffering and death directly to the front door.
- FINDING PLEASURE AND ALIVENESS IN A PANDEMIC
- Have you had a healthy relationship with your pleasure lately? How can we use sensual pleasure to become more resilient?
- THE HUMAN FACTOR ONLINE
- The COVID lockdown has seen a revolution in the way businesses – and individuals – are connecting, communicating, and collaborating. While online meeting platforms have proven themselves to be indispensable tools, they come with some caveats. Here are some expert’s valuable tips on getting the most out of your online sessions.
- EMOTIONAL-SPIRITUAL QUARANTINE SURVIVAL GUIDE
- The following points will help you more than survive emotionally and spiritually, but more importantly, to thrive, both as an individual and in your relationships in this COVID-19 era.
- NORMAL LET US DOWN – HERE’S HOW TO MOVE FORWARD
- The old ‘normal’ is struggling to maintain its hold on our lives – the only difference is that it is from behind a screen rather than in the world ‘outside’.
- DOWNTOWNS MAY VANISH OR BECOME SHADOWY GHOST TOWNS
- The downtown cores in many big cities are poised to vanish or become shadowy ghost towns of the past because of the global pandemic, worldwide recession, and the end of the office era.
- IS THIS THE GREAT AWAKENING?
- Sometimes new age books predicted the ‘great awakening’ – and I reckon this could be it, because we all slowed down enough for a gap to appear
- THE ENVIRONMENT IN A POST-LOCKDOWN WORLD
- Earlier this year, the world entered uncharted waters when a coronavirus outbreak turned into a global pandemic. The virus is affecting nearly everything, to a greater or lesser degree, including how environmental issues can be tackled.
- PAUL THE FIXER
- Paul carried the weight of the world quite easily, it seemed.
- I WILL SURVIVE – FELDENKRAIS AND OTHER STRATEGIES THAT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE TO THRIVE
- Four strategies that improve your chance to survive and thrive in the midst of major calamities: job loss, illness, death of a loved one, marital break-up, incarceration, zombie apocalypse and, yes, COVID-19.
- MONEY RULES
- Living pay to pay is not a good idea – and COVID-19 has highlighted that very, very well. If you are ready to change things going forward, then now is a good time to get started.
- KNOWLEDGE IN A TIME OF CRISIS
- A perspective on our reactions to COVID-19 informed by the ancient wisdom of the I Ching.
- HOW TO BE GRATEFUL, EVEN WHEN LIFE SUCKS
- Let’s face it! When you’re having a self-pity party and you feel crap, the last thing you feel like doing is thinking about what you’re grateful for. This would totally ruin the vibe (of the party).
- DIGESTING CHANGE
- The ancient intelligence of Ayurveda offers simple, practical healing tools to care for yourself in the heat of change and adaptation.
- GETTING THROUGH THE PANDEMIC – I’M COUNTING ON IT!
- How do we get through COVID-19? To successfully face a crisis, we need to take action. First, there are precautions that minimise the physical risks. Secondly, we need to have a strategy for maintaining our mental well-being.
- LOOKING AFTER YOUR MIND TO LOOK AFTER YOUR FUTURE
- Do you have the mind skills required to perform at your best during difficult times?
Here are 3 lessons we can learn from this pandemic that equip us create a thriving future
Available for: iOS/Android App + Web Reader
Australia's leading personal development magazine, inc wellness, mindfulness & meditation, women's thrivability, relationships, & lifestyle.
Category: Family & Home, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Wellness & Meditation, Women's
Compatibility: iOS/Android App + Web Reader
Tap images to enlarge...
Tap below for more from LivingNow