Available for iOS / Android
In This Issue
- Introduction to issue #005 - focus: the thriving body & mind
- One of the areas the we at LivingNow believe we differ from most other health and lifestyle publications is our focus on personal development, and a holistic approach to matters of mind, body and spirit.
With an emphasis on thriving, ie not just 'surviving', this issue provides an in depth look at detoxification, sleep, heathy eating, the importance of goal setting in reaching good health outcomes, and other mind/body related subjects.
- Thriving mind, thriving body – by Dr. Narjes Gorjizadeh, PhD
- There are things we can do to keep our body healthy and strong, but to have a thriving body we need to have a thriving mind.
- Exploring the gut – brain connection by Martin Oliver
- Gut feeling is a byword for one's intuition, or a form of perception that bypasses the rational logical mind. Today the importance of the gut for overall health is belatedly being recognised.
- 3 little-known strategies to love the skin you’re in without diet or exercise – by Rikka Zimmerman
- It’s no secret that our culture is obsessed with pursuing the ‘ideal’ body. Here are some strategies to counter the pressure to conform.
- Is your body toxic? Here’s what to do – by Michele Wolff
- Your body has a natural ability to get rid of harmful substances through your organs which include the liver, kidneys, stomach, bowel and the skin. Sometimes the demand on these organs is too much. Your body was not designed to cope with the abundance of toxins that are now part of modern lives.
- How much sleep do you need? – by Jost Sauer
- Over half of the world is lacking in sleep and health authorities have declared sleep deprivation a major health issue as most problems (psychological, emotional, business, interrelationships) directly or indirectly are affiliated with lack of sleep.
- How to make sleep an effective re-boot – by Jost Sauer
- Here are six tips that will help you get quality sleep, coming from a TCM perspective.
- Goldilocks and your health – by Dr Greg Conlan
- You may be wondering why I’m suggesting that a centuries old fairytale has any relevance to your health.
- What's all this sit about? – by David Durance
- Why do we sit? Is it harmful? What are the alternatives?
- Ten wellness practices that will change your life – by Megan Dalla-Camina
- The reality of keeping our well-being in check amongst the busyness of daily life can be really challenging.
- Are your hormones out of whack? – by Belinda Kirkpatrick
- If you're not feeling 100%, maybe hormones are to blame. Fortunately there's something you can do about it.
Here are 5 ways you can address the imbalance.
- Advertiser news & reviews
- Wanderlust set to hit Australia.
Heal your money beliefs.
We Bar None creating delicious nourishing food.
Have you tried real kombucha?
- Where is my energy? – by Merelyn Carter
- When I’m feeling constantly drained, I ask myself this important question – who and what am I giving my energy to?
- Breathwork: psychotherapy of the 21st century? – by Liisa Halme
- Is breathwork therapy a legitimate psychotherapeutic practice?
- Give me money, I need a drink – by Larry Oakley
- "I always felt he had something good inside him."
- Do you need a liver detox? – by Casey Conroy
- Fatigue, food sensitivities and farts. Early spring is the time of year when we are most susceptible to liver sluggishness. Know what signs and symptoms to look out for and what you can do about them.
- 10 ways to use turmeric you probably weren’t aware of – by Annie Knoth
- As an Ayurvedic practitioner, it’s my number one
drug of choice.
- What’s wrong with circumcision? – by Dr George C Denniston
- Doctors and other ‘int-activists’ throughout the world are now questioning the procedure of partial penile amputation (circumcision).
- Can food play a role in effective Alzheimer’s treatment? – by Dr Dale Bredesen
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s, is now the second biggest killer in Australia, but can you lower your risk by what you put on your plate?
- The six stages of the healing process – by Michael Lewin
- "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.” [Helen Keller].
Available for iOS / Android
Australia's leading personal development magazine, inc wellness, mindfulness & meditation, women's thrivability, relationships, & lifestyle.
Category: Family & Home, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Wellness & Meditation, Women's
Compatibility: iOS / Android
Tap images to enlarge...
Tap below for more from LivingNow Magazine