Available for iOS / Android
In This Issue
- From the Publisher ...
- The "plague" of our modern world is noise. Night and day we're pinged by messages, emails, phone calls. We endure endless interruptions. We're overwhelmed and stressed out. Our hearts and souls long for some peace, for silence and stillness. This issue offers articles, videos, visualizations, affirmations, guided meditations, and more to help you experience inner peace.
- My Cave of Silence: A Poem by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic "Autobiography of a Yogi," describes for us the state of deep calmness, love and bliss that can be experienced in communion with the Divine who he calls "Beloved."
- Soul Call
- Shakti Devi sings this soul-stiring chant to to draw the divine presence to us in the form of Divine Mother. "Mother, I give You my Soul, Soul, Soul Call. You can’t remain hidden anymore."
- Seeking Happiness in the Wrong Place: A Fable of the Himalayan Musk Deer
- Most people act like the musk deer. They seek the ever-fragrant happiness everywhere outside of themselves—in play, temptation, human love, and on the slippery path of wealth, until finally they jump from the cliff of high hope onto the rocks of disillusionment. THis fable offers a better path to true happiness.
- Radi8: Using the Practice of Yoga to Cultivate Your Inner Shine
- Yoga is more than the poses or asanas. It's a system that encompasses eight steps to an enhanced, healthy and authentic way of living. Sindy Warren makes a persuasive case for the continued relevance of the philosophical underpinnings of yoga for our modern lives.
- Your Spiritual Questions Answered: Soul, Spirit & the Ego
- People ask: "What is soul? What is spirit?" and "What is the difference
between soul and ego?" Maybe you’re curious too. Paramhansa Yogananda answers...
- Our Hearts Long for Stillness
- Ever linger over an image of a quiet landscape, or long for a moment of solitary contemplation? Are you desperate for a break from a demanding and confusing time? How do we find the peace we need and still function in the 21st century world? Nayaswami Kamala offers some guidance.
- Restorative Yoga, Yoga for Stillness with Dr. Melissa West
- Do you feel like you are rushing through life, completing one task after another, without a moment to pause?
If so, this restorative yoga class for stillness is for you. In this video we explore the cultural epidemic of busyness and what it is doing to our bodies, minds and emotions.
- Two Breaths, One Step: Hiking Across the Himalayas
- Sylvia Verange gives us excepts from her new book about her 500 mile trek across the Himalayas of Nepal—alone except for the guide and Sherpas. It's a fascinating account of hiking through the breathtaking scenery, remote mountain villages, and treacherous, freezing conditions as she endures nature and comes to know herself.
- Peace of Mind: Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- Use this deep insight into the spiritual quality of “Peace of Mind,” affirmation and prayer by Swami Kriyananda whenever you feel stressed out and overwhelmed by worries.
- What Is Meditation?
- People have many questions about meditation: Is meditation a state of mind? Is it relaxation? Do we need some type of spiritual instruction? What is the difference between concentration and meditation? Charles Shahar answers common questions and misconceptions about meditation.
- Guided Meditation on Finding Inner Balance
- Inner balance comes from calming our heart's feelings so that we can perceive our highest reality, our highest potential. It all starts with calming the mind and breath. Melody Hansen guides a 30-minute meditation to help you find your inner balance.
- Create a Sacred Space for Yourself
- You might enjoy creating an altar in your sacred space as an aid to focus, inspiration and memory. Put whatever uplifts and inspires you—anything sacred to you. Here are some ideas from my own altars ...
- The Silence Inside the Silence: Exploring the silence of the heart
- For most people, silence is just a little rest from a busy world and a busy mind. But as much as noise rattles the nerves, silence brings inner harmony, a wholeness, and trust in life. Bruce Davis, Ph.D., talks about going beyond simple peace and quiet by exploring the silence of the heart.
- In the Temple of Isis
- A song to Divine Mother in the form of the Egyptian goddess, Isis. (Inspired by a visit to Aswan, Egypt)
- 6 Spiritual Principles & Practices for Business Success & Wealth
- John E. Fetzer, media mogul, philanthropist & Detroit Tigers' owner, found as much joy in his spiritual quest as he did in building a financial empire. He maintained that, in fact, his connection to a higher consciousness was integral to his success building wealth.
- How to Deeply Rest on Your Days Off
- Many of us don't know what to do when we have free time. In our fast-paced Western cul- ture,we have not been trained in the art of relaxation. Instead, we have been trained to work, work, work, do, do, do. Time off could be used to play, relax, reflect, meditate and rest. It’s our chance to regain balance. But we don't know how.
- How to Stop Running from Space
- We spend our days filling in every available space, cramming in more tasks, responding to messages, checking social media and online sites, watching videos. The result is often a continual busyness, constant distraction and avoidance, lack of focus, lack of satisfaction with our lives.
- The Process of Meditation: The Life of Tommy Part 3
- Tommy was just an ordinary Teenage boy until he met Bonny and began exploring the innate spirituality that set him apart from his classmates.
- Finding Peace Behind the Thoughts
- By working on yourself inwardly, you will inevitably produce results externally and those results can inspire others towards change. This is where it all starts. We can only control our reactions to external experiences and what other people do. We can be a leader for peace. We can lead by example.
- Celtic Blessing for Deep Peace
- Deep Peace to You; Deep peace of the running wave to you; Deep peace of the flowing air to you; Deep peace of the quiet earth to you; Deep peace of the shining stars to you; Deep peace of the infinite peace to you. ~Adapted from Ancient Gaelic Runes
Available for iOS / Android
About Spiritual Life
Spiritual Life Magazine brings you practical guidance and meaningful spiritual advice without wasting your time with mystical fads or Hollywood trends.
Inside, you'll find practical tips and tools, wisdom and insights, joy and inspiration … that you can actually use to be happier, and feel more peace, love and joy.
You're most welcome to join us.
Category: Sports & Fitness, Health & Nutrition, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Wellness & Meditation
Publisher: Spiritual Life
Compatibility: iOS / Android
Tap images to enlarge...
About The Publisher
We certainly live in challenging times. Our entire planet is embroiled in a dire battle between good and evil, light and darkness. And the forces of darkness...
Tap below for more from Spiritual Life