Available for iOS / Android
In This Issue
- From the Publisher ...
- I’ve been thinking a lot about happiness. We all want to be happy. No one wants to suffer. And yet we do. Why is that? So not being an expert on happiness, I decided to take a look at what some spiritual teachers have to say about happiness.
- “I Like It Very Much” — Filling Your Memory Bank Account
- A true story about cultivating happy memories to draw on later.
- Don't Go Back to Sleep: A Poem by Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jelaluddin Rumi (1207–1273), Persian poet, scholar, Sufi mystic, was truly one of the most passionate and profound poets in history. The best way to fully say in words his impact, is that he has the ability to describe the Indescribable, Ineffable—God.
- Your Spiritual Questions Answered: Happiness; Overcoming Pain
- All human beings are engaged in a relentless quest to experience greater happiness and to avoid suffering. Paramhansa Yogananda replies to students asking: "How can I be truly happy?" and "How can I overcome pain and sorrow?"
- Money and Metaphysics - A Message of the New Age
- In this day and age of energy, our relationship with money is vitally important to our spiritual growth. Yet, many spirtual people dismiss all material things as beneath them. This is not the age for that. We are here, now because we have lessons to learn in this area.
- Happiness: Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- Use this deep insight into the spiritual quality of “Happiness,” affirmation and prayer by Swami Kriyananda to attain a higher state of true happiness.
- Why We Need Nature
- A true story of a miraculous healing gifted by a tree, followed by the importance of nature in our lives. This message is especially important for us today when so many of us spend more time with asphalt and traffic than trees and flowers.
- Listen to the Trees
- In this short video, Swami Jnanananda explains how to listen and receive blessings from trees.
- Spirit & Nature Dancing Together
- In this fun and lively video, the members and guests of Song of the Morning Yoga Retreat, Vanderbilt, Michigan sing and dance together. Their joyful exuberance was so contagious, I just had to get up and join in the fun and dancing. Maybe you will too.
- Acquiring Happiness
- We all want to be happier. But how? We think "if only... I had this or that. Or did this, then I would be happy. But true happiness is only in the present moment. It comes not by helplessly thinking, but by living it in all the moods and actions of life.
- Ode to Joy Performed by Flash Mob Nürnberg 2014
- I love flash mobs! They create such inspiring moments—all the more delightful because unexpected. This short performance of Beethoven’s Ode to Joy is one of the best.
- Finding the Joy Within You
- Joy is our nature. We came from Bliss. We don’t have to go outside and find it somewhere. It’s already there. Follow along with this 15-minute guided meditation to help you experience your inner joy.
- Creating a Meditative Environment in Your Home
- Part of the practice of meditation involves cultivating an environment where the mind can enjoy a sense of tranquility. Charles Shahar talks about the effect subtle engery fields have on our meditation, motivation, and consciousness.
- Create a Sacred Space for Yourself: An Infographic
- This infographic offers some ideas and suggestions on how to create an inspiring place for your spiritual practices at home.
- Three Thieves that Steal Happiness
- The complexity and accelerating pace of life, heightened competition, and increasing human isolation are robbing us of peace of mind. This article looks at a few of these “thieves,” and how we can enlist our “Soul Patrols” to drive them away.
- You fill my heart with Music
- Music, among all the arts, affects us in a particularly powerful way, as it is a direct manifestation of the AUM vibration. Sing along with this video or just listen and absorb the joy of dancing and singing with God.
- Karma: What Every Aspiring Yogi Needs to Know
- Everything material, or immaterial, arises from a cause, and is a revelation of that cause. Therefore, everything has a meaning. Those who believe in karma should carefully analyze their life situation in order to understand what kind of actions from the past are coming to fruition now and to see what their minds were like in that past.
- The Secret to Interpersonal Happiness
- As much as we desire being connected to others — good friendships, a wonderful romantic relationship, close family members — this connection always comes at a cost. But I have one technique that, if applied consistently, will lead to a lot more happiness in your relationships.
- 11 Ways to Raise Your Frequency
- A high Frequency is a state of being where life feels fun, happy, carefree, creative, peaceful, and joyful. Life just seems to flow. We all want more of this, right? So how can we raise the frequency of our vibration?
- 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy
- Surprisingly, after a certain point, getting more doesn't make us happier. We need to remove the obstacles to our happiness. Simple yet wise, and informed by her own inspiring personal journey, Luminita gives us a fresh twist on happiness advice.
- The Power of Attention
- I'm often asked why people react in their peculiar way, some very positive, some quite negative, most people, somewhere in the middle. Why are some people often angry, while others tend to follow whatever they decide to follow?
- Healing Heals the Healer
- A true story about Petra Nemcova. Petra was living the dream and had everything she every wanted. And then her world was torn apart. How could she be so radiant, so filled with life and well-being, in the wake of such a devastating tragedy?
Available for iOS / Android
About Spiritual Life
Spiritual Life Magazine brings you practical guidance and meaningful spiritual advice without wasting your time with mystical fads or Hollywood trends.
Inside, you'll find practical tips and tools, wisdom and insights, joy and inspiration … that you can actually use to be happier, and feel more peace, love and joy.
You're most welcome to join us.
Category: Sports & Fitness, Health & Nutrition, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Wellness & Meditation
Publisher: Spiritual Life
Compatibility: iOS / Android
Tap images to enlarge...
About The Publisher
We certainly live in challenging times. Our entire planet is embroiled in a dire battle between good and evil, light and darkness. And the forces of darkness...
Tap below for more from Spiritual Life Magazine